The best answers to the question “Visual Studio 2010 – recommended extensions [closed]” in the category Dev.
What are your recommended extensions for Visual Studio 2010?
(Please indicate if its free or not And also its purpose / function too)
NuGet (formerly NuPack) is a free, open source developer focused package management system for the .NET platform intent on simplifying the process of incorporating third party libraries into a .NET application during development.
- VsCommandBudy – Extend VS with external commands where really need them (Free)
- PowerCommands – useful extensions for the Visual Studio 2010 adding additional functionality to various areas of the IDE.
- DevExpress CodeRush Xpress – Coding assistance, Intellisense navigation,etc.
- AnkhSVN – Subversion Support for Visual Studio.
- Ghost Doc – Simplify your XML Comments.
- Visual Studio Color Theme Editor – make your VS2010 look pretty with themes.
- VsVim – VIM emulation layer for Visual Studio.
- DPack – FREE collection of Microsoft Visual Studio tools.
- VSFileNav – fast searcher with wildcards + camel case searches.
- Sonic file finder – fast and convenient search.
- tangible T4 Editor plus modeling tools for VS2010 adds IntelliSense and Syntax Coloring to T4 Text Templates
- Word Wrap with Auto-Indent
- Indentation Matcher Extension
- Structure Adornment
- Source Outliner – not available on this link.
- Triple Click – Makes triple click select an entire line.
- Go To Definition – Make ctrl+click perform a “Go To Definition” on the identifier under the cursor
- Spell Checker – not available on this link.
- Remove and Sort Using – Adds a context menu entry to Solution Explorer that sorts and removes using statements on every file in the solution, project, or on the individual file.
- Format Document – Adds a context menu entry to Solution Explorer and the code window that executes the Edit-Advance-Format Document command on every file in the solution, project, or current code window.
- Open Folder in Windows Explorer – Extends the Open Folder in Windows Explorer context menu option to the code editor and to all files in solution explorer.
- Find Results Highlighter – Highlights the search text in the find results windows.
- Regular Expressions Margin – A margin which exposes .Net Regular Expressions search and replace capabilities on a given code window.
- VSCommands – not available on this link.
- HelpViewerKeywordIndex – Visual Studio Extension for the Microsoft Help Viewer
- StyleCop – StyleCop analyzes C# source code to enforce a set of best practice style and consistency rules.
- Extension Analyzer – Extension Analyzer helps debug issues with VSIX Components, Visual Studio Packages, PkgDef Files and MEF Components.
- CodeCompare – Code Compare is an advanced file and folder comparison tool. This programming languages oriented diff tool can be used as a Visual Studio add-in and as a standalone application.
- Team Founder Server Power Tools – not available on this link
- VS10x Selection Popup – not available on this link
- Color Picker Completion – not available on this link
- Numbered Bookmarks – Numbered Bookmarks allows users to create and recall bookmarks by using numbers. User can create 10 bookmarks (starting from 0 to 9).
- Mouse Zoom – Mouse zoom at the mouse’s cursor instead of at the top of the visible document. See VS options…
- Visual Studio 2010 Pro Power Tools – A set of extensions to Visual Studio Professional (and above) which improves developer productivity.
- Code Contracts Editor Extensions – Displays Code Contracts (when editing C#) in code, Intellisense, and in metadata files.
- WoVS Quick Add Reference – Add missing assembly references right from the code editor
- JScript Editor Extensions –
- Align By
- T4 Editor
- Quick Open File for Visual Studio 2010 – quick opening any solution file
- CleanProject – Cleans Visual Studio Solutions
- PhatStudio – fast file navigation and quickly opening files
- VsVim – Vim style keyboard shorcuts
- I Hate #Regions – makes expanded regions less disturbing by making the font smaller
- Visual Assist X
- CodeRush with Refactor! Pro
- VS10x Code Map – displays a graphical nested representation of the current editor window code
- VS10x Editor View Enhancer
Even if you use other SVN shells outside VS (like TortoiseSVN), I recommend to install this Source Control Provider to automatically keep track of file renames, deletions and the like.